Monday, June 30, 2014

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas Special For Kids

Here we try to show you that how we can make letters and number cookies for you and your kids! The cookies are delicious and crunchy gift ever. Make letters and numbers cookies and impress your kids. They will love these cookies and they will be happier. You can make letters and his/her name. You can gift this on his/her birthday. Or someone’s anniversary or else occasion. In this blog we try to show you how we can make these types of cookies.

Below is the method of how we can make this type of cookie:

This cookie dough handles like modeling clay, but it also makes delicious cookies. Use this fun baking activity to strengthen your child’s alphabet skills, to show them where to sit for dinner, or just to have an unexpected treat. It's also a great birthday party idea!

What You Need:

  • 4 ½ cups ungifted all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ cups butter
  • 3 hard-boiled egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 raw egg yolks
  • 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Colored sugar, chocolate chips, or sprinkles (optional)

What You Do:

  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. Measure the flour into a large bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add them to the flour. Have your child mix the flour and butter with his hands until the mixture forms fine crumbs.
  3. In a separate bowl, mash the hard-boiled egg yolks with the sugar. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture.
  4. In a separate bowl, blend the raw egg yolks with the vanilla. Stir this mixture into the flour with a fork.
  5. Have your child press the combined mixture into a firm ball. Cover and refrigerate it if you plan to shape and bake it later. Otherwise, you can work with it at room temperature.
  6. Roll out the dough. Cut 3- or 4-inch strips and have your child roll them with his hands to make ropes. Shape the ropes into the letters of your child’s name, or into other letters he might like forming into words. Flatten the letters slightly so they’re about ¼ inch thick. If you like, decorate them with colored sugar or sprinkles. You can even press in a few chocolate chips.
  7. Bake the letters on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.

Now we show you some decorating ideas that how can we decorate letters. If we have the letter “A” than we have to decorate by its word like “ant”. Below are some examples given so you can enjoy cookie baking?

A is for..

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Ants! I learned something of value in making this cookie. It took me three tries to do the red and white checks. Well, actually three and a half. First, I outlined with white. It looked terrible. So I scraped it off and outlined with red. Still terrible. But before I scrapped that one off, I went over the top of  it with black outlines to see if that might be the solution. I still wasn’t happy. I called Mike in and asked him what I should do. He suggested mixing red and white to make a pinkish-red color to outline with. So that’s what I did, and it worked great! So file that away in your brain in case you ever have to do red and white checks on a cookie. :)

B is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Bumblebee. This wasn’t my favorite. I think I could have been a little more creative. But oh well.

C is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Camouflage. Check out Sweet Sugarbelle’s guest post on Sweetopia for a tutorial on doing cameos. It came in super handy for this cookie.

D is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Doughnut!

E is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Explosion!

F is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Fire. You know, after the explosion.

G is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Golf.

H is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Harry Potter! I was hesitant to do this one, but my kids are SO into Harry Potter right now. My 10-year-old is just about to finish the 5th book, and my 8-year-old just started the 3rd book. So of course, when I asked them what starts with H, they both shouted in unison “Harry Potter!” So there you go. Harry in the shape of an H.

I is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Icy Igloo.

J is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Jump rope.

K is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Karate!

L is for

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Leopard. Why did my L cookie spread more than any of the others? That is the question of the day. And another question is, do you need a leopard print tutorial? Sweet Sugarbelle is your girl.

M is for...


.Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Mountains.

N is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Numbers. My daughter was so bummed that I didn’t do her idea on this one. She wanted me to make it sparkly and have a price tag hanging off of it, so that it would be N is for “New”. I thought that was a really cute idea, I just didn’t know if I could pull it off. Sorry Kelly.  I totally took the easy way out on this one.

O is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Orange.

P is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Purple Paisley. This is one I did because I’ve been wanting to mess around with the paisley pattern on a cookie. My kids looked at it and were like, “Huh?” I said “It’s Paisley! And it’s Purple!”.  And they said “okaaaaay”.  But hey, now I know how doing paisley in the frosting, which will come in handy for Father’s Day ties.

Q is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Quilt! Super fun to do!

R is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Rainbow. Awww.

S is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Snake.

T is for...

.Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Tiger. Another one that I wanted to do for selfish reasons. I’ve been wanting to learn zebra stripes and tiger stripes, which are very similar– The tiger stripes are just smaller and closer together. So this was good practice. If you’d like a tutorial on zebra stripes, Sugarbelle has a great one for that, too! I bet you can’t guess what’s coming up for the letter Z.

U is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Up!

V is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Vines and Violet.

W is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Watermelon!

X is for...

Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

X-ray– if letters had bones.

Y is for...


Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas

Yellow and Yo-Yo.

Z is for…  

you guessed it…
Letter And Number Cookie Gift Ideas


Zebra! (If you didn’t see the letter T for Tiger yet, I mentioned this tutorial for how to make zebra stripes. Check it out. She made it so easy!)

So, these are the decorating ideas for letters, you can do same with your choice and your style. We show you how to make letters and numbers with cookies. To buy cookies and to get cookies ideas click giftblooms.com or smileycookie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment